About: http://data.cimple.eu/news-article/26c8ce1b90978f2c5acb18ae0bf884384b4df3329846efdedb16aef1     Goto   Sponge   NotDistinct   Permalink

An Entity of Type : schema:NewsArticle, within Data Space : data.cimple.eu associated with source document(s)

AttributesValues
rdf:type
schema:articleBody
  • French magistrates on Wednesday charged a Sudanese man who at the weekend stabbed two people to death in the country's southeast with terror-related offences. Abdallah Ahmed-Osman, who went on the rampage Romans-sur-Isere in the Drome region on Saturday, was charged with killings "connected to a terrorist undertaking". Investigators believe Ahmed-Osman, a refugee aged 33, acted alone. Two other Sudanese men arrested earlier this week have been released without charge. "The first investigations indicate that he acted alone, without being under orders from a terror organisation," French national anti-terror prosecutors said. They asked for him to be kept in custody pending trial. The killings in a peaceful riverside area shocked France at a time when the country is in lockdown to battle the coronavirus. A source close to the investigation said that Ahmed-Osman claimed not to remember what happened. But he also said he felt "uneasy in his own skin" and had not been dealing well with the confinement measures and being able to work. Born in Tendelti south of Khartoum, Ahmed-Osman was hitherto unknown to the French security services. He had arrived in France in August 2016 and won refugee status a year later. He also earned professional qualifications in the leather trade. Police found handwritten documents on a religious theme in which he complained he lived in a country of "non-believers". But locals have described him as a peaceful man who had caused no trouble in the past. The assailant first went into a tobacco shop where he attacked the owner and his wife. He then went to a butcher's shop where he seized another knife before heading to the town centre and attacking people outside a bakery. Five people were injured in the spree. France has been on terror alert since a wave of deadly jihadist bombings and shootings in Paris in 2015. In all, 258 people have been killed in France since then in what have been deemed terror attacks. bur-sjw/jj
schema:headline
  • France lays terror charges against knife-attacker who killed two
schema:mentions
schema:author
schema:datePublished
http://data.cimple...sPoliticalLeaning
http://data.cimple...logy#hasSentiment
http://data.cimple...readability_score
http://data.cimple...tology#hasEmotion
Faceted Search & Find service v1.16.115 as of Oct 09 2023


Alternative Linked Data Documents: ODE     Content Formats:   [cxml] [csv]     RDF   [text] [turtle] [ld+json] [rdf+json] [rdf+xml]     ODATA   [atom+xml] [odata+json]     Microdata   [microdata+json] [html]    About   
This material is Open Knowledge   W3C Semantic Web Technology [RDF Data] Valid XHTML + RDFa
OpenLink Virtuoso version 07.20.3238 as of Jul 16 2024, on Linux (x86_64-pc-linux-musl), Single-Server Edition (126 GB total memory, 11 GB memory in use)
Data on this page belongs to its respective rights holders.
Virtuoso Faceted Browser Copyright © 2009-2025 OpenLink Software