About: http://data.cimple.eu/claim-review/7a71c344ad0fb447a3f027d8a544d5cb7d8ab39aee044d25515efd17     Goto   Sponge   NotDistinct   Permalink

An Entity of Type : schema:ClaimReview, within Data Space : data.cimple.eu associated with source document(s)

AttributesValues
rdf:type
http://data.cimple...lizedReviewRating
schema:url
schema:text
  • SUMMARY This is AI generated summarization, which may have errors. For context, always refer to the full article. Claim: Several videos circulating on Facebook show China attacking the Philippines with missiles. Rating: FALSE Why we fact-checked this: The post bearing the claim was uploaded on January 24 and has since amassed over 30,000 views, 300 reactions, 50 comments, and 50 shares. The caption accompanying the video included the label “breaking news.” Another video was posted on January 25 and has garnered over 12,000 views, 120 reactions, 50 comments, and 21 shares as of writing. It claims to show the facade of Malacañang Palace seemingly collapsing, along with the text “China attack Malacañang.” The videos were posted by the Facebook page “Viral Ngayon,” which has over 68,000 followers and consistently shares videos of war, conflicts, earthquakes, tsunamis, and other calamities. The facts: The videos are fake and generated using artificial intelligence (AI) tools. DeCopy’s AI image analysis, an online software that flags AI-generated content, revealed a 100% probability of the viral footage being AI-generated. There are no reports from credible news outlets, the Presidential Communications Office, or the Department of National Defense confirming a supposed attack by China. China-Philippines tensions: The online claims circulated amid recent diplomatic friction between the Philippines and China, following a series of heated public exchanges between the Chinese embassy and several Philippine officials. In January, the Chinese embassy released strong-worded statements reacting to or criticizing remarks made by Philippine officials, including taking exception to what China labeled as “malicious provocations” made by Philippine Coast Guard Commodore Jay Tarriela regarding the West Philippine Sea. (READ: Beijing says Manila should ‘undo negative impact’ of WPS spokesperson’s talk) Aside from Tarriela, the Chinese embassy has also slammed senators Risa Hontiveros, Francis Pangilinan, and Erwin Tulfo, among others. In response, the Philippines’ Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) issued a statement affirming support for the officials in their “lawful duties to defend Philippine sovereignty, rights, and jurisdiction.” While the DFA noted that differing views are an integral part of a democratic society, it emphasized the need for “sober, professional, and respectful exchanges in the public sphere.” (READ: PH files protest vs China embassy: Sobriety, respect not against national interest ) During the Senate’s first session of 2026, Hontiveros and Tulfo condemned the remarks of Chinese officials, with Hontiveros saying, “No embassy gets to decide who among Filipino officials is ‘qualified’ to speak on Philippine interests.” In his own privilege speech, Tulfo said, “Our government officials spoke only the truth. They defended our sovereignty. They spoke as public servants of a democratic republic. They are correct — and the Chinese government is wrong.” he said. At least 15 senators have signed a proposed Senate resolution condemning the Chinese embassy’s actions. Debunked: Rappler has previously debunked similar claims regarding alleged Chinese attacks on the Philippines — and vice versa — that utilized AI-generated content and manipulated footage: FACT CHECK: No missiles fired by China at PH ships near Scarborough Shoal - FACT CHECK: China hasn’t bombed the Philippines - FACT CHECK: PH did not attack Chinese warship in West Philippine Sea - FACT CHECK: Video shows game simulation, not US, PH missile attack on China - FACT CHECK: The Philippines, US didn’t have fight with China over Subic Bay - – Reinnard Balonzo/Rappler.com Keep us aware of suspicious Facebook pages, groups, accounts, websites, articles, or photos in your network by contacting us at factcheck@rappler.com. Let us battle disinformation one Fact Check at a time. How does this make you feel?
schema:reviewRating
schema:author
schema:datePublished
schema:inLanguage
  • Filipino
schema:itemReviewed
Faceted Search & Find service v1.16.123 as of May 22 2025


Alternative Linked Data Documents: ODE     Content Formats:   [cxml] [csv]     RDF   [text] [turtle] [ld+json] [rdf+json] [rdf+xml]     ODATA   [atom+xml] [odata+json]     Microdata   [microdata+json] [html]    About   
This material is Open Knowledge   W3C Semantic Web Technology [RDF Data]
OpenLink Virtuoso version 07.20.3241 as of May 22 2025, on Linux (x86_64-pc-linux-musl), Single-Server Edition (126 GB total memory, 8 GB memory in use)
Data on this page belongs to its respective rights holders.
Virtuoso Faceted Browser Copyright © 2009-2026 OpenLink Software